Ever since I got my Try the World box from Marrakech in the mail, I’ve been trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the spices and culinary argan oil. Most of us know argan oil for it’s health and beauty uses – to keep hair shiny and strong, or for use on the skin as a moisturizer. Honestly, I didn’t even think of how I could use it in food, but it has a fantastic nutty taste that is perfect for almost anything. Moroccans typically use it in their couscous or to dip bread in, among other things.
Seeing as Easter is coming up, I thought creating some Moroccan deviled eggs with one of the spice blends and argan oil would be a great recipe! Believe me, it didn’t disappoint.
- 6 Hardboiled Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Culinary Argon Oil
- Moroccan Spice Blend (Cumin, Paprika, Pepper, Mint, Coriander, Cilantro, Cinnamon)
- Peel shells off the hardboiled eggs and slice lengthwise. Remove the yolks into a bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks and add the mayonnaise and yellow mustard. Blend until nearly smooth.
- Add a dash of argan oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the empty hardboiled eggs with the yolk mixture.*
- Sprinkle the tops with the Moroccan spice blend, to taste.
- *I like to add the yolks to a plastic bag and cut the corner off to fill the eggs with.