- I’ve decided to keep being a unicorn and got my hair did last week. I feel so purty.
- These past few weeks have been absolute insanity, with my 30th birthday party (what-the-whaaaaaaa?!), Remi’s first birthday and party (double what-the-whaaaaaaa?!) and celebrating a friend’s birthday at Disneyland. I almost feel guilty that I’ve been having such an amazing time, while the world still continues to turn and shit goes down every single day. But I don’t want to feel guilty; I want to enjoy my life while still caring about the things that I care about. I just need to remind myself that it’s okay to take a break from the news and the activism sometimes.
- Remi is about a week away from walking on his own (though I feel like I’ve been saying that for months now). He will take a few steps here and there, and can walk no problem if he holds onto just one of our hands. But he can get basically anywhere as it is, so there’s not a whole lot of motivation for him to try to walk I don’t think.
- Robert is one test away from being a fully licensed psychologist, and I am so fucking proud of him. Did you know that he was the first person in his family to graduate from high school. Let alone college. And then get his PhD. This is the last step before allllllllllllllll the hard work pays off. I love him.
- My sweet friends are celebrating their first anniversary this weekend. I can’t believe this was a year ago!
- Nanny Taylor came over last week so that Robert and I could actually go to the movies. We saw Logan, and it was intense. Highly recommended.
- I’ve put my novel up on Wattpad – I had it up here for a bit, but decided that it might be better to put it somewhere else and leave this space for other important things. You can read the first seven chapters from the Spectrum of Velaea here.
I think that’s all for now. Happy Friday friends – may your weekend be filled with champagne and naps.